Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Kids Yoga Asana: Easy Pose/Inhale

Basic Cross-legged position with hands rested on knees.

Inhale
One of the most important parts of any yoga pose,
Is remembering to breathe deeply by inhaling through my nose.

Easy Pose
I like to relax in Easy Pose,
Taking deep breaths in and out through my nose.
With legs crossed and my back straight,
I continue to breathe while counting to eight.

--------
We love this pose and start every yoga session by clapping and saying "come with me...sit down with hands on your knees." And then we start with Easy Poses and breathing in and out. The breath in and out your nose is super important to do regularly so children don't learn the bad habit of shallow breathing, which most people get accustomed to doing being in our fast-paced society.
If we aren't breathing well, then our body isn't getting the oxygen (and filtered air via nose) it needs to most beneficially run our body and it's systems. (it's the same with hydration)



*from ABC Yoga Book

No comments:

Post a Comment