Monday, January 19, 2015

MacDonald song: Vowel version

To help learn vowel sounds you can try this variation of old Macdonald. I created this one after reading "Logic of English" which gave more clear understanding of the sounds each vowel makes.

The alphabet has five vowels:
A-E-I-O-U
Each vowel makes different sounds:
A-E-I-O-U

With a [long a], [short a], [others, if any];
An [long a], [short a], [others, if any].
Here an  [long a],
There an [short a],
Everywhere a [others, if any].

The alphabet has five vowels:
A-E-I-O-U

--------------------vowel phonics-----------------------------
A: long a, short a, a with dots above
E: long e, short e
I: long I, short I, long e, y
O: long o, short o, or
U: long u, short u, oo, u with dots above
Y: y, long I, short I, long e

No comments:

Post a Comment