Monday, January 5, 2015

Jump Rope Rhymes

Numbers
I can do a polka, I can do a split.
I can do a tap dance just like this...
1, 2, 3...

Hickety Pickety pop.
How many times before I stop?
1,2,3...

Letters
Yummy, yummy...Vegetable goop.
What will I find in my alphabet soup?
A, B, C,...

Months of the Year
Windy, windy weather...we all go in together.
January, February, March... (Jump in as birthday month is called)
Windy, windy weather...we all go out together.
January, February, March  (Jump out as birthday month is called)

Movement
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear dressed in blue,
can you do what I tell you to:
teddy bear teddy bear turnaround,
teddy bear teddy bear touch the ground.
teddy bear teddy bear do the splits.
teddy bear teddy bear give a high kick.
teddy bear teddy bear go upstairs, (walk toward one end of rope)
teddy bear teddy bear say your prayers. (Kneel)
teddy bear teddy bear turn out the light,
teddy bear say good night. (Exit the jump rope)

Other...
A, my name is Alice
and my husbands name is Arthur.
we come from Alabama,
where we sell artichokes.

B, my name is Bernie
and my wife's name is Bridget.
we come from Brooklyn.
where we sell bicycles.

C, my name is...
and my husband/wife's name is...
we come from...
where we sell...

No comments:

Post a Comment