Thursday, October 30, 2014

Basic Kids Yoga Outline

YOGA FOR KIDS -Sequence

1. GATHER (greet each other)
Come with me, come with me,
Lets all sit with our hands on our knees.
Come with me, come with me,
Lets all sit with our hands on our knees.


2. BREATHE (pranayama-center on own breath)
- Easy pose (sukhasana-happy pose) inhale/gentle
Let's all sit in Easy Pose,
We'll breathe in and out through our nose.
Legs are crossed and your back is straight,
Breath with me for the count of eight.


3. STRETCH
Stretch with me, Hands in the air
Count to three...Hold it right there
Now Stretch up high up to the trees
Stretch out wide-- fly in the breeze
look up to the ceiling, then down to the floor
Then side to side slowly From the wall to the door

We've just warmed up. so Are you ready today? 
Are you ready To love and play?
lets greet each other: hands together and say....
(What's the special word?)...
namaste. (The spirit in me greets the spirit in you)


3. SUN SALUTATION ( greet the sun)
-2x as story

Now it's time to explore a new pose. 
Watch my body as it bends and folds
And I transform into what, you suppose?
.....(new pose name)


4. ASANA (new poses to explore)

Now it's time to relax and rest.
Lets feel our hearts and think our very best.
So quiet now until we are through.
Lets find our inner space. The space inside of you.


5. DYANA (close/focus/relax)
- meditation/breathing practice: 
a) inner space (story and rhyme)
b) sun and moon
c) humming bee
- focus: 
a) object (color, texture, shape)
b) number cards (1-10, reverse. 30 seconds)
c) candle (2 minutes; blow out and visualize. Repeat)

No comments:

Post a Comment