Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Vowel Verses

A
I am the letter A
I’m with you in angel 
I twinkle in star.
You eat me in apple
You cut when I saw
A. ah, aah, aw 

say, eight, bait, aim, cake, name
father, arm, cot, ah
cat, black, at, am, apple
call, four, cause, saw, awe

E
See, see, I am E
When I’m short “eh” is said, like in bed
Twice in three
And thrice in eleven
You need E to get to heaven
Ee, Eh, Eh E

see, heat, beet, busiest, easier, tree
met, bed, heaven

I
I is a king
Mighty and wise
“Ih” is a princeling, smaller in size.
He’ll prick you with a spindle
And tickle your chin.
“Ih” and I, I and “Ih”

five, eye, bite, size
hit, sitting, bit, prince, trick

O
I am jolly brother O
Rolling dough makes me so bold.
When I’m short I am so odd,
Now remember, 
Stop and Go Ah and O

so, go, home, boat, roll, bold
stop, hot, rock, odd, jolly

A verse for the long "O"
The sun says I glow
The wind says I blow
The stream says I flow
The tree says I grow
And man says I know.

U
U is a duke who plays on the flute
And makes the cute flute make a tune
When he is short he has lots of fun
Like a cat in the sun
He curls up like a bug in a rug.
Cute and fun
U and uh

blue, true, flute, food, boot, moon, to
cup, luck, but, sun, rug, fun 
(note: put – not the same)

No comments:

Post a Comment