Monday, July 28, 2014

A-E-I-O-U Song

I made up a simple vowel song for three reasons

  1. learn the vowels as being open sounds (unlike consonants which block air flow)
  2. get familiar with a basic scale (going from one note up to the next and the next, etc.)
  3. This is specifically sung in pentatonic scale, which is a good start for kids because you can play the notes all over the place without feeling like you are playing a wrong note. It build confidence in musical expression. A simple piano version of pentatonic scale is just playing the black notes. Try it....it's pretty. And may sound Asian, since I've heard they use it. (I do this key: d,e,g,a,b)


Come and sing a song
(d,e,g,a,b) - up the scale
Come and join along
(d,e,g,a,b)
Sing so openly
(d,e,g,a,b)
The vowel song
(b,a,g,e,d) - backwards down the scale

A-E-I-O-U
(d,e,g,a,b)
A-E-I-O-U
(d,e,g,a,b)
A-E-I-O-U
(d,e,g,a,b)
and sometimes Y
(b,a,g,e,d)

No comments:

Post a Comment