Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Poem: Us

(the need to think win-win...because you're stuck together)


Us
Me and Him
Him and me,
We are always together
As you can see.
I wish he’d leave
So I’d be free
I’m getting a little bit
Tired of he,
And he may be a bit
Bored with me.
On movies and ladies
We cannot agree.
I love to dance
And he likes to ski.
He loves the mountains
And I like the sea.
I love hot chocolate
And he wants his Tea.
I want to sleep
And he has to Pee.
He’s meaner and duller
And fatter than me.
But I guess there’s worse things
We could be – –
Instead of two we could be three,
Me and him
Him and me.


by Shel Silverstein

We did profile symmetry art after reading this and talked about how you can see faces from one perspective and vases from the other., and how when we think win-win, we need to try to let go of just what we want/see.

No comments:

Post a Comment